You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116618 Errors when uploading media files

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by bobdobbs on Friday, 10 May 2024 03:14 BST

bobdobbs

We are experiencing an error when attempting to upload files via our Joomla install. The error messages we get are either: 'The server returned an invalid JSON response.'   or   'Upload Failed: No data' when uploading a smaller image file.

There have been no recent software changes to Joomla, any insights you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Pitir Furch

Ryan

when uploading a smaller image file.

Does this happen with any image file?

Which version of JCE Pro are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

bobdobbs

I have tried uploading vie the Media Manager as well and it won't complete uploads.

The error message: 'Upload Failed: No data' is what we get see after uploading any image file (most are relatively small). I have tried .jpg, .png and .webp files.

The error message 'The server returned an invalid JSON response.' is returned when we attempt to upload an MP3 or MP4 file. we have tried everything from 2 MB to 400 MB with the same result. Multiple users from different locations are all experiencing the same behavior.

The upload appears to complete, larger files take longer to upload and produce the error message after the uploading completion bar reaches 100%.

We are using JCE 2.9.70 on Joomla 3.10.12 using PHP 7.4.33

Ryan

I'm not able to reproduce this in my tests on Joomla 3.10.12 using PHP 7.4.33.

Can you send me a login? - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan

One other thing to check - do you get an error when uploading using the Joomla Media Manager?

Ryan Demmer

bobdobbs

Thanks Ryan, I have sent you credentials.

Attempting to upload via the Media manager produces this error: 

Error This file is too large to upload.
Any size file produces the error. I do also have an open support ticket with our host, if you have any questions I might ask I can relay them.  

Ryan

The error message: 'Upload Failed: No data' is what we get see after uploading any image file (most are relatively small). I have tried .jpg, .png and .webp files.

This error, which I can confirm on your site, indicates that there is an issue on the server side with the PHP upload_tmp_dir setting.

I was unable to access the Joomla Media Manager - due to an unrelated error perhaps caused by user permissions - but an attempt to upload an extension to install (JCE Pro 2.9.71) also gave a result that indicated a server-side issue.

Ryan Demmer

bobdobbs

Thanks for the clue Ryan! Our /tmp directory was full! We made a new /tmp directory specifically for Mysql files so hopefully this won't happen again.

Best,

Pitir